Integrated Child Development Scheme Services(ICDS):- a centrally sponsored scheme, was conceived for achieving the holistic development of mother and children in the country. It is one of the flagship programmes of the Government of India and represents one of the world’s largest and most unique programmes for early childhood care and education. Under ICDS, Anganwadi worker(AWW) & Anganwadi Helper(AWH) are the frontline honorary workers belonging to local community. One supervisor is responsible for supervision of 25 AWCs(On an average).Child Dev. Project Officer(CDPO is in-charge of an ICDS Project at Block level. Distt. Programme Officer(DPO) has the overall responsibility at District Level in the District where five or more ICDS Projects exist.
In Poonch District, the objective of the schemes are being achieved through a network of 1408 Anganwadi Centres which are fully functional in six ICDS Projects and the services under ICDS shall be delivered through these functional Anganwadi centres. The project wise detail of functional Anganwadi centres in the district is as under:-
|S.No||Name of Project||No of AWC Functional|
- To improve the Nutritional and Health Status of children in the age group of 0-6 years.
- To lay the foundation for proper psychological, Physical and Social Development of the child.
- To reduce the incidence of mortality, morbidity, malnutrition and school dropout.
- To achieve the effective coordination of policy and implementation amongst the various departments to promote Child Development.
- To enhanced the capability of the mother to look after the normal health and nutrition needs of the Child through proper nutrition and health education.
The scheme targets children upto 06 years of age and pregnant women and lactating mothers. The ICDS Scheme provides a package of ten services viz.
- Supplementary Nutrition Programme.
- Nutrition and Health Hygeine Education.
- Early Childhood Care Education(ECCE) & Development, Non-formal Pre-School Education.
- Infant Young Child Feeding.
- Maternal Care & Counciling.
- Community Based Care & Management of Underweight Children.
- IEC Compaigns & Drives.
- Immunization & Micro Nutrient supplementation.
- Health Checkup.
- Referral Service
Poshan Abhiyaan is a centrally sponsored scheme which has been rolled out in the state in all the districts in the year,2018. A key pillar of the Poshan Abhiyaan is convergence of all the nutrition related schemes on the target population. Especially, it aims to achieve improvement In nutritional status of children from 0-6 years, Pregnant Women and lactating mothers in a time bound-manner .
|1||Prevent and reduce stunting in children(0-6 Yrs)||by 6%@ 2% Per Annum|
|2||Prevent and reduce under nutrition(under weight prevalence)in children(0-6Yrs.)||by 6%@ 2% Per Annum|
|3||Reduce the prevalence of anemia among children(6-59 months)||by 9%@ 3% Per Annum|
|4||Reduce the prevalence of anemia w111omen and adolescent girls in the age group of 15-49 years(0-6 Yrs)||by 9%@ 3% Per Annum|
|5||Reduce low birth weight(LBW)||by 6%@ 2% Per Annum|
- Growth Monitoring.
- Breast Feeding & complementary feeding, counseling.
- Iron Supplementation.
- ANC Checkup.
- Management of acute malnutrition
- Diarrhea management
The activities conducted under the Poshan Abhiyaan scheme as shown below:-
|S. No.||Task||Activity||When to be conducted|
|1||CBE Community Based Events||Theme based activity to be conducted at AWC such as, Anaprashan Diwas (Complimentary Feeding) Suposhan Diwas (Orienting husbands about balanced diet) counceling of pregnant and lactating mothers, Diarrhoea Management Health & Hygiene, Public Health Messages, Sanitation,Health and Nutrition counselling to Adolescent girls,Girl Education and Right Marriage age etc||Once in 1st and 4th week of every month|
|2||VHSND (Village Health Sanitation Nutrition Day)||Ante-natal Checkups, Immunization, Institutional deliveries, Diet of Pregnant Women, Calcium Supplementation, IFA, Growth Monitoring of children, Health & Nutrition Counselling, Breast feeding, Complementary Feeding etc.||
Once in 2nd week of every month.(Thrusday)
Decentralized Policy for Procurement of Supplementary Nutrition under-ICDS:-
Integrated Child Development Services(ICDS) Scheme launched on 2nd October 1975 represent one of the world’s largest and unique programmes for early childhood development. The procurement of Anganwadi Level shall be made under the supervision of respective Panchayati Raj Institutions as per the delegation of power to Panchayati Raj Institution under the amendment of Panchayati Raj Act.
Composition of Procurement Committee
1 Sarpanch Chairperson
2. Two panchs to be nominated by Halqa Panchayat, one of them to be womean Panch(On rotation basis for one year Members(s)
3. Two representative mothers of beneficiaries enrolled in the AWCs to be nominated by the Halqa Panchayat concerned on rotation basis(for one year) Members(s)
4. Supervisor ICDS concerned Member Secretary
5. 02 Anganwadi workers to be nominated by CDPO concerned on rotation basis(for one year) Members(s)
The detail of committees constituted and their account opened is in ICDS Sector District Poonch is as under:-
No. of Committies Constituted Account Opened
Panchayat Muncipal Total
229 28 257 257
Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana:- Under the scheme(PMMVY), a cash incentive of Rs.5000/-in three instalments ,would be provided directly in the account of pregnant women and lactating mothers for 1st living child of the family subject to their fulfilling specific conditions relating to maternal and child health.The scheme was launched on February,2018 in district Poonch~. Instalment wise terms and conditions required to be fulfilled for each instalment:-
|1st Instalment||Register her pregnancy at any field functionary centre alongwith required documents. Register her pregnancy within 150 days||Rs. 1000/-|
|2nd Instalment||At least on Antenatal check up(ANC). Can be claimed post 180 days of pregnancy||Rs.2000/-|
|3rd Instalment||Child Birth is registered. Child has received first cycle of immunization of BCG,OPV,DBT and Hepatitis-B. Aadhar is mandatory in all State/UTs (Except for J&K, Assam, Maghalaya)||Rs.2000/-|
Scheme for Adolescent Girls(SAG):-This scheme was launched in the year, 2010 in India and implemented in the district Poonch in the year,2018. The main achievement pertaining to the scheme is as under:-
- The key objective of the scheme is to facilitate, educate and empowered to the adolescent girls. It is helpful to improve their nutrition and health status and promote awareness about health hygiene, nutrition. It also supports adolescent girls to successfully transition back to formal schooling.
- It provide information/guidance about existing public services such as primarly health centres, rural hospitals/CHC’s post office etc.
- To provide weekly one IFA tablet to these girls at AWC and deworming tablet once every six months and also provide weekly iron tablet in the age group of 10 to 19 Years in school adolescents through teachers and out of school adolescents through AWC.
The project wise/category wise detail of Adolescent girls is as under:-
|S. No.||Name of Project||Category wise detail of Adolescent Girls|